Summer in Oz-en-Oisans
The village of Oz is a great setting for a summer break, whether you want an adrenalin filled time or just to relax in the peace and quiet of the French Alps – take your pick of these activities.
In the Village Lac Du Verney, below Oz-en-Oisans
- Swimming pool and spa area
- Kamikaze Park – high rope park with zip wires, etc.
- Climbing wall (Free...but a charge for the equipment)
- Minigolf (Free)
- Cinema – usually in French!
- Tennis (Free)
- Table Tennis (Free)
Up in the Mountains
- Mountain Biking
- Megavalanche is a huge event in July, not to be missed and Oz hosts several other Mountain Bike events each year.
–400km of tracks/trails,
–3500m of vertical decent,
- Road Cycling - Alpe d'Huez is famous for its 21 hairpin bends on the Tour de France, and Oz-en-Oisans organises a weekly climb from Allemond to the village
- Walks - There are several walks starting from Oz suitable for families, to discover lakes, forests and waterfalls.
- Hikes in the Grandes Rousses range.
- Canyoning - from the village below Oz-en-Oisans
In The Surrounding Area
- Venosc - A very pretty village with narrow cobbled streets, old chalets, gift shops and cafés.
- Bourg d’Oisans -This is the closest large(ish) town. It has a large supermarket and a lively Saturday Market.
- Les Deux Alps - Summer skiing on the glacier -Paragliding - Walking
- St Cristophe en Oisans - A small mountain village towards the top of the same valley with Venosc. There are magnificent views from the village, and good walks and via ferrata.
- White Water Rafting, Canoeing in the Vénéon river. Have you tried Hydrospeed?
- Via Ferrata - Via Ferrata is a way of exploring mounteering with fixed ropes and ladders etc,….and open to the inexperienced to experts.
- Markets –Bourg d’Oisans- Saturday market –Allemont - Monday market (15 June –15 Sept),otherwise Sunday
- La Grave – explore the glacier with summer walks